Midnight Publishing has been assisting authors as a Phoenix book editor, ghostwriter, and publishing consultant for nearly a decade. We’ve worked with hundreds of bestselling and award-winning authors, many of whom were self-publishing or considering that avenue. Over the years we’ve received many of the same questions from clients and writers new to the field. Midnight Publishing realized that in order to best serve anyone interested in self-publishing, we should share our industry experts’ knowledge.
So we created an industry experts’ guide to self-publishing your best-seller in 2019! This comprehensive, 50-page guide is available for an incredibly affordable price of $18.99. (Interested in traditional publishing, hybrid publishing or all 3 avenues? We have a guide for each, and the option to bundle all 3 guides and save!)
Highlights from our Self-Publishing Your Bestseller in 2019: The Industry Experts’ Guide
In our 2019 guide to self-publishing your book, we address the most frequent and pressing questions writers. The pros and cons of self-publishing, our professional insights on freelancers to collaborate with, and how to successfully self-publish in 2019 in a manner that’s cost-effective while still increasing your chances for that coveted bestseller status. Some of the key points from our self-publishing your bestseller in 2019 guide include:
-In-depth details of the advantages of self-publishing. This includes personal control, retaining rights to your work indefinitely, expected profits and royalties, and your responsibilities as author and publisher.
- Remembering that e-book and paperback distributors keep a cut of the profits in order to sell books on their platforms, and examining those figures.
- Filing taxes for self-published authors.
- How to market your self-published book, run a promotion, and take advantage of free social media platforms.
- Which authors and entrepreneurs could be best-suited to this avenue of self-publishing? For instance, how those who are writing memoirs, poetry, and niche work, or already have a large online following, and/or are under a limited time constraint could benefit and why.
-Typical financial investments and costs for services involved in self-publishing in 2019. This includes editing, formatting, and cover design avenues required for a high-quality end product.
Bonus: a checklist of how to publish a book yourself from start to finish.
- Required and recommended rounds of editing and revising before a final draft is ready for publication—beta reading, developmental editing, copyediting, proofreading, formatting interior e-book/paperback files, cover art and the costs associated with each.
- A step-by-step checklist for self-publishing your book in 9 months.
- A curated list of our recommended cover designers, consultants, print-on-demand services and more—and quick facts on what they can offer you directly.
-An examination of Print-on-Demand publishing in 2019, or POD, and the steps to set up your self-published book up for printing and distribution, as well as the various printers available in the current publishing landscape.
- The two main POD services available: Amazon’s KDP print option and Ingram Spark.
- Information and advice on subsidy or vanity publishers/manufacturers.
- How to avoid self-publishing scams, hidden fees, and generalized statements about services provided by some companies.
- Understanding royalty payments for e-books versus print and other formats.
- Our 3 in-depth ways to creating and publishing audiobooks.
Why purchase 1 or more guides from our Burning the Midnight Oil series?
Updated quarterly, each of our publishing guides provides more than 50 pages of curated and industry-specific information, and expert advice and tips to prepare, inform, and set authors up for success in publishing in 2019.
Key points from all 3 guides include:
- Nine 2019 publishing trends to know. How will virtual reality affect publishing? What’s the deal with book subscription services? What do authors need to know about Amazon? What’s the future of audiobooks and podcasts in publishing, and how can you leverage those platforms?
- An in-depth look at the three best ways to publish in 2019: self-publishing, traditional publishing, and hybrid publishing. Which should you try your hand at, and why? What are your pros—and the harsh realities?
- A specialized checklist to get started.
Don’t wait on diving into your publishing future with our one-of-a-kind guides—purchase each one separately for $18.99, bundle two for $32.99, or buy all 3 guides at the discounted rate of $44.99 altogether (a nearly $12 savings) in our store today! Also don’t hesitate to contact Midnight Publishing anytime with your book needs so that we can discuss our editorial and ghostwriting services, personalized consultations, marketing expertise, and get to saving you a spot on our 2019 schedule.